Thursday 23 January 2014

Interview with Adam Grason

What is your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement so far is my 6 month old son. But aside from his awesome- ness I would have to say winning my first global Addy award for my work with Krisy Kreme and landed Disney as a freelance client. I was a newbie in design and illustration and would never have guessed I would have had these opportunities.
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
I would describe it as vibrant, retro 50’s 60’s look and feel. An infuses on unperfected lines and a hand drawn aesthetic.
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Stop flirting so much and start taking your art serious. I had an opportunity to go to a high school for my art and was doing really well in digital design. But I didn't apply myself. I was more interested in other garbage. Also for the love of God eat a vegetable.
When are you happiest?
When I’m in full stride in an illustration progress. There comes a point where you know the
piece is going to be successful. Whether it’s answering the problem your client has or if it’s
a personal project that shows your strengths. It’s a thing of beauty.
What is the worst job you have had?
Electrical...it sucked.
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Ryan Gosling or Brad Pitt...ok realistically I would say John Krasinski we kind of look a
like...maybe.
What is your karaoke song?
Oh gosh...Dont stop believin' by Journey
What 5 things can't you live without?
My wife, my kid, espresso, my iMac, weights and whiskey
What is the greatest invention of all time?
I have to say the computer/internet. I couldn't do what I do without it. Also Whiskey....it’s
my jam.
If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I’m really into crossfit and health so I would honestly probably do that full-time and
compete. Or I would love to work for a distillery and learn how to craft whiskey and
bourbon. I find the whole process amazing. The whole thing is timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment